Virtual Shadow Nights
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Denise McKenzie at 610-259-0280 ext. 3225.
The following information has been shared with families preparing for an in-person Shadow Visit. While we currently offering Virtual Shadow Nights, you are encouraged to read this information to understand exactly what a Shadow Visit aims to accomplish!
As a shadow visitor, students will spend the school day with a Bonner & Prendergast student. Shadow Visitors attend classes and go to any school-wide events taking place on the day of the visit. The goal of the shadow program is to offer elementary school students an opportunity to experience a typical day at Bonner & Prendergast.
Your lunch will be provided as a courtesy from our staff. Your Shadow Host will receive a Lunch Pass in the Admissions Office on the morning of your visit.
When scheduling a shadow visit, you will be paired with a current student from your prospective grade at Bonner & Prendergast, based on your classroom or extracurricular interests.
- Take a deep breath! This may be your first time going to class in a high school. We are here to ease you into your visit. Chances are your Shadow Host started as a Shadow Visitor just like you!
- Visitors should arrive at 7:35 A.M. A typical school day ends at 2:30 PM. Please confirm with an admissions representative on the morning of your visit what time the school day ends for pick-up. When scheduling your Shadow Visitors visit, you can confirm that date's dismissal time.
- We will provide you with a lunch voucher for you to eat in our cafeteria with your Shadow Host.
- We ask that you come dressed in your school uniform (Young men: khaki pants, black or brown shoes, white golf shirt in the fall and spring or shirt and tie in the winter. Young ladies: black, navy blue or khaki dress slacks with a white button-down blouse, polo, turtleneck or golf type shirt and closed toe shoes).
- Pick-up occurs at the end of the school day. Students are responsible for their own transportation. Parents are encouraged to re-enter the school building so their student is not walking through the parking lot unattended.
- Envision yourself in those seats in each class. Your job is to find the school that is going to serve you!