Bonner & Prendie
Web-based College / Career Counseling Program
9th thru 12th Grades
COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- You may apply to college directly from the college’s website. The application will be found under undergraduate admissions. Create your account and complete the application.
- If you are applying to more than one college that uses the Common Application this would be the best way for you to apply to colleges. Some colleges only utilize the Common Application.
- Once you apply you will also match your Common Application to your Family Connection.
Common Application Account Matching –
In order to match your Family Connection and Common App accounts, you need to do the following:
- Step 1- Create a Common App account on Common App Online
- Step 2- Sign the CA FERPA Waiver & Authorization on Common App Online
- Have you given serious thought to Teacher Recommendations? Before inviting a teacher to complete a recommendation, make sure you have added at least one college.
- How is your resume looking? It is helpful to make sure that a teacher has a copy if writing a letter of recommendation. Ask if he or she would like a hard copy.
- Transcript Requests forms can be found in the Guidance Office or Atkinson Center.
Transcript Requests (after you apply to colleges)
After you have submitted your application(s) to a college:
- You are ready to send an official transcript to your college.
- The first (3) transcript requests are free. Requests following are $5.00.
- Obtain a transcript request form from Naviance Coordinator: Sr. Anne Bridgid Gallagher in the Fr. Atkinson Center, complete the form and return it to Sr. Anne.
- Your counselor also has transcript request forms.
- Transcripts will not be sent to colleges, if finances at BP are not current.
*If you have any questions about Naviance please contact our NAVIANCE COORDINATOR: Sr. Anne Bridgid.
Resume: You must complete your resume in the resume creator via Naviance. There is a template you can follow. Your teachers will utilize this resume to write your letters of recommendation. This should be completed by the end of your junior year.
Letters of Recommendation: We suggest that you ask two teachers for a letter of recommendation. Allow 3 weeks for teachers to write and upload your recommendation to Naviance. NOT all colleges ask for them; it is your responsibility to know if the college you are applying to requires a letter(s) of recommendation.
Sending Test Scores: Students are responsible for sending test scores. When registering for the SAT & ACT sign up to send 4 test score free to colleges.